Job Title: Audit Manager Job Reference: 586
Job Type: Full time
Salary: Dependent on experience
The manager is responsible for the planning, fieldwork and completion of audit assignments, usually leading audit teams and working in a wide range of audit assignments. Also the manager is responsible for ensuring all staff working within the audit team receive on the job training and support to meet business and personal goals.
- To plan and lead audit teams and where appropriate to manage a portfolio of audits under guidance from the relevant director or senior manager.
- To control budgets and to meet audit objectives.
- To carry out more technical audit testing during audit assignments and to work with a team to achieve successful completion of audits on a timely basis.
- To prepare or review corporation tax computations.
- To undertake specialist assignments as required.
- Where appropriate to complete client accounts preparation to support audit work.
- To manage all client queries and client billing within the portfolio of audits.
- To ensure technicians and trainees working within the audit teams receive effective on the job training and experience to complement their studies whilst also meeting work priorities.
- To provide technical support to all staff when required.
- To develop working relationships with clients to understand their business and to identify any opportunities for cross selling of other group services.
- To attend relevant networking events and prospect meetings to help enhance the firm’s reputation and where possible support the development of new clients.
- To contribute to the development of the firm’s procedures and standards for client work.
- To keep up to date with technical matters by reading and attending relevant training courses.
- Where appropriate, work at clients premises which could include overnight stays.
- To promptly report to their director any concerns which may affect the firm’s client relationship e.g. money laundering, unethical business practice, complaints etc.
- To respect client confidentiality and report any issues which may affect client relationships to their director.
- Must be ACA or ACCA qualified including relevant audit experience e.g. ideally 5 years such experience.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective staff management and communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective client inter-personal and management skills including the management of client expectations
- Must be able to actively manage own workloads and take responsibility for own development.
- Must possess IT skills to operate in-house programmes and prepare and develop spreadsheets as necessary.
- Must be fully conversant with audit programmes.
- Must possess a thorough working knowledge of accounting and auditing standards, the accounting provisions of the Companies Act, and relevant taxation matters.
- Must be able to meet strict deadlines.
- Must have experience of effectively managing costs and business planning.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and qualities to fill this post, please send your CV with covering letter stating why you are the right person to fill this position, to firstname.lastname@example.org