Job Title: Audit Accounts Semi Senior Job Reference: 393
Location: Louth, Spalding and Lincoln
Job Type: Full time and permanent
Salary: £17000 - £28000 dependent on experience, excellent staff perks included!!!
Mixed role of audit and accounts. Responsible for undertaking the preparation of client accounts and assisting with the provision of a comprehensive accounting and business advisory service to a portfolio of clients; and also for contributing significantly to the on the job development of technicians and trainees. Assisting a senior on an audit assignments, including detailed testing and communication with clients.
- The preparation and audit of client accounts, up to final stage dependent on the complexity of the business, for approval by Manager /Partner. This will normally involve preparation of draft accounts suitable for client meeting with Manager and/or Partner and subsequent completion thereof.
- To assist with more technical audit testing during audit assignments and to work with a team to achieve successful completion of audits on a timely basis.
- To control budgets and meet audit objectives.
- To assist with the completion of client accounts preparation and prepare corporation tax computations where appropriate to support audit work.
- To undertake specialist assignments to expand knowledge.
- Where appropriate, work at clients premises which could include overnight stays.
- The provision of a range of other services to clients as required e.g. general book-keeping, VAT Returns, assistance with accounting software, tax computations, again for approval by Manager/Partner or under the supervision of Manager.
- To adhere to the procedures which provide a clear framework for all members of the department to ensure effective scheduling, allocation and completion of work (such procedures to be amended and updated as required from time to time).
- To constantly review the work undertaken and refer to Manager/Partner any compliance issues or opportunities for cross selling of other services within the group.
- To develop and maintain a good working relationship with clients to gain their respect, and to know your own limitations in advising the client on accounting matters.
- To assist with on the job training of technicians and trainees whilst at the same time meeting work priorities. Monitor progress of work tasked to trainees and technicians, review and provide appropriate feedback in accordance with department procedures.
- To promptly report to Manager any concerns which may affect the firm’s client relationship e.g. money laundering, unethical business practice, complaints etc.
- To respect client confidentiality and report any issues which may affect client relationships to their senior/manager.
- Part / fully Qualified AAT or ACA or ACCA qualified or qualified by experience e.g. approx. 3 years general practice experience.
- Must be able to prepare accounts independently to final stage.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective client inter-personal skills.
- Must be able to actively manage own workloads and take responsibility for own development.
- Must possess IT skills to operate in-house programs and prepare and develop spreadsheets as necessary.
- Must be fully conversant with accounts preparation programs.
- Must possess a good working knowledge of accounting standards and the accounting provisions of the Companies Act, and relevant taxation matters.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and qualities to fill this post, please send your CV with covering letter stating why you are the right person to fill this position, to email@example.com